When decorating your bathroom, it's the small details that can make the biggest difference. Backsplashes serve an important role in bathroom design: they work to protect the wall behind the sink from water damage, but they are also the perfect way to add some color or make a big statement in your bathroom. Check out this list of 43 Stylish Bathroom Backsplash Ideas below for some amazing bathroom backsplash ideas to get you inspired for your bathroom renovation project!
43 Backsplash Ideas to Add Color and Interest to Your Bathroom:
- Modern and Cheerful Blue Bathroom
- Sleek Bathroom Design with Textured Tile Backsplash
- White and Grey Marbled Mosaic Tile
- Modern Asian-Inspired Bathroom with Sleek, Minimal Vanity
- Bathroom Counter with Stylish Vessel Sink and Small Mirror
- Stylish Vessel Sink against a Wooden Backdrop
- Bright White Bathroom with Natural Wooden Details
- Modern White Sink against a Pastel Backsplash
- Geometric Minimalist Grey Marble Sink and Black Tap
- Vintage Eclectic Tile Backsplash
- Warm Brown Stone Backsplash against Copper Fixtures
- Hotel Bathroom with Dark Wooden Backsplash
- Blue and Grey Ceramic Tile Backsplash
- Modern Spacious Bathroom with Bright Blue Tiles
- Green Diamond Tile Backsplash
- Contemporary Brown and White Bathroom
- Traditional Bathroom with Green Glass Tile Backsplash
- Aqua Blue Glass Tile Backsplash with Chrome Fixture
- Bathroom Sink against Moroccan-Inspired Tile Wall
- Clean and Simple Geometric Tile Backsplash
- Minimalist Bathroom with Stone Backsplash
- Classic Bathroom with White Subway Tiles and Natural Wood Counter
- Vintage Bathroom with Painted White Backsplash
- Bathroom with Textured Bronze Tiled Walls
- Luxurious Bathroom with Modern Fixtures and Grey Wall
- White and Silver Bathroom with Hexagon Tile Backsplash
- Chic Bathroom with Black and Gold Tile Backsplash
- Bathroom Sink Design with Stone Walls and Modern Fixtures
- Whitewashed Brick Wall in Vintage Bathroom
- Quirky and Eclectic Bathroom Interior
- White Marble and Wood Bathroom Design Scheme
- Wall Mounted Bathroom Vanity in Luxury Bathroom
- Bold in Blue Painted Tile Backsplash
- Bathroom Vanity Featuring Super Modern Stoneware
- Master Bathroom with Elegant Stoneware Details
- Clean and Simple Silver Bathroom Design
- Light and Bright Subway Tile Bathroom
- Simple and Streamlined Hotel Bathroom
- Cool and Classic Master Bathroom Vanity
- Natural, Rustic Bathroom Atmosphere
- White and Brown Counter Paired with Tile Backsplash
- Warm Brown Tones in a Simple Bathroom
- Brown and Silver Luxury Bathroom
1. Modern and Cheerful Blue Bathroom
Why have a plain accent wall when you can really amp up the drama? This gorgeous blue tile backsplash shows off so many different shades of blue and white, bnringing the ocean right into your home! Silver fixtures give this bathroom a classy, upscale vibe.
2. Sleek Bathroom Design with Textured Tile Backsplash
Backsplashes are a great way to inject some interesting textures into your bathroom design. I love this smoky blue tile wall that features a variety of colored textures and patters to give the room a modern yet understated look.
3. White and Grey Marbled Mosaic Tile
This beautiful backsplash features stonework mosaic inlays to give the room a luxurious, classic feel. The white and grey color scheme feels modern and sleek, but the look is timeless and works in just about any home.
4. Modern Asian-Inspired Bathroom with Sleek, Minimal Vanity
When you want an original and attention-grabbing room, there's nothing like a bold pop of color to help your bathroom stand out! This ultramodern design features a backsplash in bold red and black, with Asian-inspired patterns throughout.
5. Bathroom Counter with Stylish Vessel Sink and Small Mirror
Try thinking outside of the box with your bathroom scheme. Instead of a large mirror above the sink, this design features a wooden slat-board for a classic country feel, while keeping a small mirror off to the side.
6. Stylish Vessel Sink against a Wooden Backdrop
Turn your bathroom into a tropical paradise with a wooden backsplash and a variety of natural textures. The light tones of the wood and wicker combined with the white porcelain finish really help brighten up the space, while adding a houseplant is a surefire way to bring some life into your room!
7. Bright White Bathroom with Natural Wooden Details
Light wooden tones on white are the perfect combination to brighten up a bathroom space. Check out this cheerful bathroom with unique features like the raw wood shelving and floor that match the patterned backsplash!
8. Modern White Sink against a Pastel Backsplash
I adore this one-of-a-kind pastel backsplash! Choosing pastel colors is a great way to add a bit of fun and whimsy to your bathroom design, and the quilted basketweave texture combined with white fixtures and modern, clean lines feels new and fresh.
9. Geometric Minimalist Grey Marble Sink and Black Tap
This unique bathroom features a stone countertop and sharp, clean lines. But the real star of this room is the wallpaper backsplash that creates a stunning 3-d effect with its optical illusion pattern. It's hard to look away from this sleek, ultramodern design!
10. Vintage Eclectic Tile Backsplash
If you're going for a more traditional approach to your bathroom, consider mismatched tiles for your backsplash. They add a casual, rustic charm to your design while keeping the room cohesive. Paired with clean, simple fixtures, the tiles help this room feel both classic and new.
11. Warm Brown Stone Backsplash against Copper Fixtures
The designer of this unique bathroom kept all of the fixtures and decor clean and simple, allowing the beautiful natural stone wall to shine. I especially love the rose gold faucet because it brings out the warm quality of the stone in a new, unexpected way!
12. Hotel Bathroom with Dark Wooden Backsplash
Wood is a classic material that will never go out of style, making it a perfect choice for a bathroom backsplash. This hotel bathroom features a rich dark wooden wall contrasted with a modern, elegant white sink.
13. Blue and Grey Ceramic Tile Backsplash
Pairing traditional and modern features is a great way to give your interior a timeless quality. Small blue and white checkerboard backsplash adds rustic, old-fashioned charm to this modern bathroom and pairs beautifully with the wooden basket and other classic decors.
14. Modern Spacious Bathroom with Bright Blue Tiles
Blue and white is a classic color combination that evokes images of the ocean and faraway island villages. The blue and white tiles in this backsplash create a fun and bold feature wall that works beautifully with the rest of the decor.
15. Green Diamond Tile Backsplash
This green mosaic tile backsplash gives a stunning, classical look to this modern bathroom. I also love the contrast of the diamond-shaped tiles with the round sink, mirrors, and fixtures, making the back wall make an even bigger statement.
16. Contemporary Brown and White Bathroom
This clean and minimal bathroom uses straight lines and squares to create a fresh and modern atmosphere. The tile backsplash adds color and visual interest to the space while giving a nice background for the decor to stand out.
17. Traditional Bathroom with Green Glass Tile Backsplash
Green is such a great color for a bathroom because the color brings the natural world inside. This simple square tile backdrop along with the marble countertop make a calming and serene atmosphere.
18. Aqua Blue Glass Tile Backsplash with Chrome Fixture
Sometimes less is more and that couldn't be more true in the case of this simple blue and white bathroom sink. The pale blue and simple rectangle tiles serve as the perfect background for the unique chrome fixtures. This bathroom shows off simplicity at its best!
19. Bathroom Sink against Moroccan-Inspired Tile Wall
When you've got a classic design style, adding one statement element can have a big impact. These Moroccan-inspired tiles match perfectly with the grey stone countertop and add a bit of eastern elegance to a traditional bathroom design.
20. Clean and Simple Geometric Tile Backsplash
These brown tiles are chic and minimal and perfect for a guest bathroom, where clean and timeless is the way to go. I love how the backsplash works against the modern sink fixtures and decor.
21. Minimalist Bathroom with Stone Backsplash
This bathroom is all about straight, clean lines and natural textures. The stone backdrop blends seamlessly into the wooden cabinet and creates a great foundation for a simple, chic sink.
22. Classic Bathroom with White Subway Tiles and Natural Wood Counter
There's nothing more classic and timeless than a white subway tile. But making small changes, like choosing black grout instead of white, punches the lookup to the next level. With a simple black and white background, the wooden countertop shines.
23. Vintage Bathroom with Painted White Backsplash
These painted tiles serve as a beautiful and classic way to add texture and visual interest. Combined with vintage-inspired finishes and decor, this is a bright and refreshing bathroom design that feels timeless and warm.
24. Bathroom with Textured Bronze Tiled Walls
Sleek and contemporary bathrooms always look best with dark neutrals. The grey wash on the wooden countertop instantly makes the room feel modern and streamlined. I also love the faucet hooked up directly to the stone slab wall and the black details that pull the space together!
25. Luxurious Bathroom with Modern Fixtures and Grey Wall
This unique sink should be a starring feature in the bathroom, and by keeping the rest of the room simple and white, the eye is drawn to its attention-grabbing shape. That doesn't mean the backsplash is boring – the striped patterns in the tiles feel stylish without being distracting.
26. White and Silver Bathroom with Hexagon Tile Backsplash
This is such a stylish take on a modern bathroom sink! The simple white hexagons feel new and fresh and I love that they stretch from the counter all the way up to the wall. Keeping all the features white makes the room feel clean and elegant.
27. Chic Bathroom with Black and Gold Tile Backsplash
Sometimes the best part of a room design is that one special focal point that really pulls the room together. These tiles are absolutely stunning and work as the main focus in the bathroom scheme. Keeping the rest of the fixtures and decor simple lets the unique backsplash stand out.
28. Bathroom Sink Design with Stone Walls and Modern Fixtures
The uneven stone backsplash feels rustic but modern at the same time. Pairing natural details like the stone and wood with clean lines and minimal design pieces like the sink and faucet create a relaxing and contemporary space.
29. Whitewashed Brick Wall in Vintage Bathroom
White is a great background color for rooms like bathrooms, but you don't always see a brick wall as the backsplash. This bathroom design highlights its unique features for a vintage vibe. I love the sage green mirror against the bright white of the bricks and how the color pops!
30. Quirky and Eclectic Bathroom Interior
If you can't choose just one statement piece, don't! This bathroom plays around with different colors and textures for an eclectic, quirky look. The decor and sink are stunning and unique black stoneware that pair beautifully with the sleek and smooth marbled background.
31. White Marble and Wood Bathroom Design Scheme
I love this clean and simple bathroom design! Its marbled white tile wall and simple white countertop allow the light wood furnishings to pop. Adding houseplants brings life, color and a more relaxing element to the room.
32. Wall Mounted Bathroom Vanity in Luxury Bathroom
This wall-mounted vanity works so well in a modern and simple bathroom design like this one. The striped pattern in the wall mirrors the drawers in the vanity, so the scheme feels cohesive and pulled together.
33. Bold in Blue Painted Tile Backsplash
For a classic pop of color, consider painted tiles like these ones, paired with vintage fixtures. The detailed design feels traditional but the colors make the design feel bright and new.
34. Bathroom Vanity Featuring Super Modern Stoneware
Pairing different types of stone makes for an elegant and modern bathroom design. The brick red tiles behind a shimmering black countertop make for a bold statement.
35. Master Bathroom with Elegant Stoneware Details
In a large master bathroom, the countertop and backsplash have a chance to make a statement all their own. The mosaic tile backsplash works well with the variety of colors in the counter and the rich warm tones throughout the rest of the room.
36. Clean and Simple Silver Bathroom Design
Grey is a classic neutral that works in just about any room. This soft dove grey works perfectly with simple white fixtures and natural decor. Silver details like the faucet, drawer knobs, and shower rod all add a little bit of glam to this casual scheme.
37. Light and Bright Subway Tile Bathroom
Simple white square tiles give this bathroom a clean, bright and no-fuss feel. White is always a classic color that helps reflect light into the space, but paired with the light-color wood grain it feels modern and stylish.
38. Simple and Streamlined Hotel Bathroom
Dark brown details go great with white features like this sleek and minimal sink feature. The tile backsplash is small but adds color and texture to the overall space and meshes well with the wall tiles behind it.
39. Cool and Classic Master Bathroom Vanity
Some of the best bathroom schemes are ones that focus on timeless, quality materials and features. These classic and traditional sinks work beautifully as either a guest bathroom or elegant ensuite. I love the glass mosaic backsplash and how it adds color and variety to the room.
40. Natural, Rustic Bathroom Atmosphere
Browns are a great color to make your room feel warm and natural. Combining lots of different tones and shades makes the design feel more casual. For example, the distressed faucet in this bathroom blends into the rustic backsplash behind it.
41. White and Brown Counter Paired with Tile Backsplash
The white tiles all along the back edge of the sink help to stretch the countertop up into the walls, making it feel bigger. It also works as a fantastic contrast against the rich dark wood details in the mirror and drawers.
42. Warm Brown Tones in a Simple Bathroom
Sometimes simplicity can be your best bet, especially when your goal is to have a streamlined and contemporary bathroom. I love that in this bathroom the various browns all work together to create a warm, welcoming feel.
43. Brown and Silver Luxury Bathroom
Make waves with a statement wall detail! This stunning backsplash plays with texture and color to create a unique wave pattern that is totally modern. The shimmery metallic finish of the wall paired with the simple chrome faucet feels glamorous and chic.\