Cuisinart MultiClad Pro Cookware Set Review
The Cuisinart MultiClad Pro Cookware Set was designed for serious and professional cooks to accommodate their everyday cooking needs.
From sautéing to browning, searing, boiling and slow cooking sauces, this high-performing cookware set provides you with everything you need to tackle any cooking task with confidence.
Every piece in this cookware collection is resistant to warping and will not react with foods or alter their flavors. Cleanup and maintenance is a breeze. No matter whether you’re starting a cookware collection from scratch or replacing your old pots and pans, the MultiClad Pro Cookware set is a great choice for serious cooks.
Cuisinart’s MultiClad Pro lineup is professional cookware designed for gourmet cooking. Featuring a triple-ply construction with a pure aluminum core, this cookware heats up quickly and distributes heat evenly for superior, professional performance. Chosen by chefs and serious cooks, MultiClad Pro can take on any cooking task with ease.
The MultiClad Pro collection is available in a 7-piece and 12-piece set, which includes:
- 7-Piece: 1.5-quart saucepan with lid, 3-quart saucepan with lid, 8-quart stockpot with lid and 10” skillet.
- 12-Piece: 1.5-quart saucepan with lid, 3-quart saucepan with lid, 3.5-quart sauté pan with lid, 8-quart stockpot with lid, 8” skillet, 10” skillet, and steamer insert with cover (fits the 3-quart saucepan).
Cuisinart MultiClad Pro cookware was designed with chefs and serious cooks in mind. Both the 7-piece and the 12-piece sets include a versatile collection of cookware pieces designed to help you tackle day-to-day cooking tasks with ease.
- Use the saucepan to create delicious sauces, prepare rice or reheat leftovers.
- Fry fish, omelets, and pancakes in the skillet.
- Use the stockpot to cook stock, boil pasta or cook up a delicious stew.
Every piece of cookware in the MultiClad Pro collection is compatible with induction, gas, electric, glass-ceramic and halogen cooktops. Oven safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, broiler-safe and freezer safe, this line of cookware can be used for just about any cooking task from delicate sauces to browning meats and caramelizing.
Cuisinart’s MultiClad Pro cookware features a triple-ply construction with a pure aluminum core surrounded by layers of brushed stainless steel. With a stainless steel exterior and interior surface, this high-performing cookware produces professional results. It will not react with foods, alter flavors or discolor.
In addition, this cookware offers the following features:
- Drip-free pouring rims
- Cool Grip handles
- Tight-fitting lids that seal in moisture, flavor, and nutrients
- Dishwasher safe
- Lifetime warranty
Thanks to the cookware’s pure aluminum core, heat is distributed evenly, so meals are cooked to perfection every time.
- Triple ply cookware with pure aluminum core
- The tight-fitting lid keeps food moist and flavorful
- Easy to care for
- Compatible with induction cooktops
- Drip-free pouring rims for easy pot-to-bowl transfer
- Not suitable for metal utensils
Only plastic, nylon and wood utensils are suitable for MultiClad Pro cookware. Although this does reflect on the quality of the cookware, it may be a minor inconvenience for some users.
The MultiClad Pro collection is Cuisinart’s high-end line of cookware. Designed for serious and professional cooks, the triple-ply construction of this cookware is high performing and provides the best heat distribution. While the Chef’s Classic Stainless Steel collection may be more affordable, it does not include the triple-ply core that produces professional results.
Durability & Maintenance
While MultiClad Pro cookware can withstand high cooking temperatures, Cuisinart does not recommend cooking on high heat as foods will burn. This is because of the cookware’s triple-ply construction, which is highly conductive and heats up quickly.
Pans in this cookware collection are dishwasher safe and easy to clean. However, you should avoid using steel wool or abrasive pads to remove food particles.
With a high performing, triple-ply construction, the MultiClad Pro collection is the best Cuisinart cookware set for professionals and serious cooks.
Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless Steel Review
The Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless Steel cookware set is the perfect mix of durability and performance. Constructed with mirror finish stainless steel, this cookware features an aluminum base for excellent heat distribution and conductivity.
Compatible with nearly every cooktop surface, this is the ideal cookware collection for everyday cooks. The pots and pans in this collection are both durable and easy to maintain. Available in multi-piece sets, you can select a set that includes all the tools you need.
From pasta inserts to steamers and flavor-lock lids, the Chef’s Classic Stainless Steel set comes with a variety of accessories that are both convenient and time-saving.
Cuisinart’s Chef’s Classic Stainless Steel collection was inspired by the kitchens of France. Complete with an elegant, polished stainless steel finish, this cookware is designed to take on any cooking task.
Available in multi-piece sets, this collection includes the following:
- 7-Piece: 1.5-quart saucepan with lid, 3-quart saucepan with lid, 10” skillet, and 8-quart stockpot with lid.
- 10-Piece: 1.5-quart saucepan with lid, 3-quart saucepan with lid, 3.5-quart sauté pan with lid, 8” skillet, 10” skillet, and 8-quart stockpot with lid.
- 14-Piece: 1.5-quart saucepan with lid, 3-quart saucepan with lid, 4-quart sauté pan with lid, 8” skillet, 10” skillet with lid, 9-quart stockpot with lid, 20cm steamer with cover, and 24cm pasta insert.
- 17-piece: 1.5-quart saucepan with lid, 2-quart saucepan with lid, 3-quart saucepan with lid, 4-quart sauté pan with lid, 8” skillet, 10” skillet, 12” skillet with lid, 9-quart stockpot with lid, 20cm steamer with a cover, and 24cm pasta insert.
The Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless Steel collection is designed for everyday cooking. Available in a smaller 7-piece set or a deluxe 17-piece set, these sets provide you with all of the tools you need to get any job done.
- Sauté vegetables, chicken, and fish, or create a pan sauce in the sauté pan.
- Create delicious, delicate sauces in the saucepan, or use it to reheat leftovers.
- Cook up frittatas and stir-fry meals in the skillet.
- Use the stockpot to cook stocks, soups, stews and large meals.
- Use the steamer to steam delicious vegetables in a healthy way.
- Cook pasta to perfection and strain right from the pot with the pasta insert.
This collection is compatible with halogen, gas, electric and glass-ceramic cooktops. It’s broiler safe, freezer safe and dishwasher safe. These are some of the most versatile cookware pieces available, and this is the best Cuisinart cookware for everyday use.
The Chef’s Classic Stainless Steel collection features a pure encapsulated aluminum base for quick, even heating. Aluminum is second only to copper in heat distribution, so foods heat and cook quickly.
Other features of this stainless steel set include:
- Tapered rims for drip-free pouring.
- Cool-Grip handles for easy handling.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Tempered glass lids that are break-resistant and allow you to see your food while it is cooking.
- Tight fitting lids that lock in moisture and flavor.
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
Cookware in this collection is compatible with just about every cooktop surface and is oven safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Aluminum encapsulated base for quick and even heating.
- Tight-fitting lids that seal in moisture and keep foods flavorful.
- Cool Grip handles allow for safe handling even when the pot is on the cooktop.
- Special lipped rims make it easy to pour foods without spilling.
- Every piece comes with a lifetime warranty.
- It does not feature a triple-ply construction.
- It cannot be used with metal utensils.
The Chef’s Classic Stainless Steel set does not feature the same triple-ply construction that the MultiClad Pro set features. That being said, the aluminum encapsulated base of this cookware still provides superior heat distribution when compared to other cookware.
The Chef’s Classic Stainless Steel is more affordable than the MultiClad Pro collection. Both collections are similar in quality of construction, but MultiClad Pro is priced higher simply because of its triple-ply construction. MultiClad pro is high-performing cookware designed for professionals, while the Chef’s Classic Stainless Steel is designed for everyday cooks.
Durability & Maintenance
Caring for the cookware in this collection is simple and easy. Every piece is dishwasher safe, so clean-up is a breeze. However, it’s important to avoid using abrasive scrub brushes when cleaning the pot by hand as it may scratch the surface.
Cuisinart’s Chef’s Classic Stainless Steel cookware is designed to last a lifetime. In fact, it even comes with a lifetime warranty. For your everyday cooking needs, this is the best collection offered by Cuisinart.
More About Cuisinart
Cuisinart first rose to popularity in 1973 but offered cookware before that in 1971. Cuisinart now offers cookware for professional and household cooks alike. The brand’s wide array of cookware ranges from complete sets to singular frying pans.
The materials most commonly seen include stainless steel and hard-anodized metals. Cuisinart offers a variety of different cookware sets with one of the most popular being the Green Gourmet selection featuring aluminum alloy cores. Cuisinart offers a lifetime warranty.