What's one of the first things that spring to mind when you think of a tropical island? Palm trees, of course! The symbol of a relaxing island destination, palm trees evoke the warm sun on your skin and the waves beating against the shore. But if you're stuck on land and nowhere near a beach, you can still create your own island paradise, right in your bedroom. And one of the best ways to do that is through your choice of bedding. Check out this list of the best palm tree comforter and bedding sets that I've found to bring the tropics to you!
What Kind of Bedding is Right for Me?
Not every bedding set is created equal, and there are several different bedding styles to choose from. Most bedding sets that you’ll find from an online retailer will include a comforter, duvet cover, or quilt (sometimes called a coverlet). They each have their pros and cons, so take time to consider what your wants and needs are for your bedding.
Comforters are fluffy blankets filled with down or synthetic fiber. They tend to hold heat well and are an affordable, low-maintenance option. They are usually machine washable, but some thicker comforters may require a high-capacity washer to work. Comforters also tend to lose their shape over time.
A duvet is similar to a comforter, but it isn’t quilted and is essentially a giant pillow stuffed with down or down alternatives. It requires a cover, which you can think of as a large pillowcase to protect it and add some personality to your bedroom. They tend to be more expensive than comforters, but can be easily changed out and washed.
Quilts are generally more lightweight, durable, and washable than comforters and can make excellent additions to any bedroom, but depending on the quality of fabric and thickness, they may not be warm enough for all climates.
What Qualities Should I look for in a Bedding Set?
When I'm searching for cozy and stylish bedding set for any bedroom, there are three qualities that I consider above all else: comfort, quality, climate.
I always consider comfort first. You have to sleep in your bedding every night, and you'll spend nearly a third of your life underneath that comforter or quilt. So make sure it's soft, warm, and plush enough to help you drift off to sleep every night. Is it breathable? Natural fabrics like cotton and linen tend to regulate heat better than synthetics. Do you like a more silky feel or something crisper?
Of course, after comfort, you should make sure that you're happy with the fabric and construction of your bedding set. Are the stitches neat and strong? Is the fabric durable, or are you worried about ruining it? Will it be able to be washed or will it require routine maintenance? Will it stain, fade or rip? Can it hold its own against your pets or children? Make sure you ask these questions before choosing your bedding, because every situation is different, and only you know if your bedding will stand the test of time in your household.
Your bedding set should fit the climate that you live in, so always consider how much heat you actually need. If you're living in a more tropical area, you likely won't need a fluffy duvet to keep you warm, and a lightweight quilt will do the trick just fine. But if you're in a place with frigid winter weather, you'll want a comforter or duvet that you can dive under during those frosty nights!
The Best Palm Tree Comforter and Bedding Sets
1. 3-Piece Fine Printed Oversize Tropical Palm Tree Queen Size Quilt Set
- The quilt is thin so it is easy to wash and wrinkle-resistant
- Durable and high quality for the price point
- Clear, vibrant colors
- Fabric is soft and has a luxurious feel to it
- The quilt runs small; consider buying a size larger than your bed
- The quilt is thin and will not be warm enough for cold nights
This cute and classic quilt set has a beige, brown, and green color scheme and a quaint palm tree pattern, perfect for someone with a more traditional design style who wants to bring the ocean to them. This is a lightweight quilt coverlet, so you may want an extra blanket in the colder months, but it's great for the summer if you live in a warmer area. This is a three-piece set that includes the quilted coverlet and 2 matching sham pillowcases to help pull your island scheme together.
2. Madison Park Palm Leaf Comforter Set
- A complete coordinated bedding set all in one place
- matching curtains and other bedroom accessories are available from the same online retailer
- Well-made, high-quality construction and detail
- The comforter runs small
- Must be washed carefully and line dried to ensure durability
If you're looking to pull together a complete, coordinated look instantly with little effort, consider a multi-piece comforter set like this one. This 8-piece set comes with everything you need to create a beautiful and calming palm-tree themed bedding moment, all in one place, which is great if you're a more low-maintenance kind of decorator. The set includes a comforter, two shams, a bed skirt, and three decorative pillows, perfect for a quick and easy upgrade to any bedroom.
3. Eikei Black and White Palm Duvet Cover Set
- Fabric is soft with a slight sheen to it
- The duvet cover is well constructed
- Set includes a matching tote bag for storage
- Since this is a duvet cover, it requires the purchase of a duvet
- The fabric is delicate and must be washed gently to avoid pilling
When you think of palm trees, you may think of that classic green and brown color palette, but if you're looking for a fresh new take on a traditional look, consider a black and white scheme that takes the palm tree pattern to an entirely new level. This duvet cover is the perfect choice if you want to make a bold statement in your bedroom while keeping your design scheme fun and stylish. Pair it with bright pops of color with throw pillows and blankets!
4. BlessLiving Tropical Sunset 3-Piece Bedding Set
- Vibrant colors and crisp, sharp design
- Easy to wash and fits into a standard washing machine
- Quality stitching and construction
- Color bleeds after the first wash and is not fade resistant
- Comforter is lightweight and is best suited for warmer climates
Palm tree designs are a classic theme for a beach-inspired bedroom, but muted greens and browns can sometimes feel dated. If you want to add a bright pop of color to your design for a bit of warmth or fun, this comforter set may be just what you are looking for. This three-piece set includes a comforter and matching sham pillows, all in a beautiful purple to blue gradient with palm tree silhouettes in the foreground, perfect for a teen's bedroom or dorm!
5. Tommy Bahama Reversible Cotton Quilt Set
- 100% cotton bedding is breathable and light
- Easy to wash and wrinkle resistant
- Excellent quality of construction for the price point
- The quilt is very thin and lightweight and is only suited to warm temperatures
- It runs small; consider buying a larger size than your bed
If you want a more subtle or subdued take on a tropical-themed bedroom, check out this summer weight quilt coverlet from Tommy Bahama. It comes with two matching shams and is completely made of lightweight, breathable cotton, making it the ultimate choice if you are seeking out a low-maintenance bedding option. The Barely-there feel of the quilt is perfect for hot temperatures, but may need an additional blanket in the winter months, depending on where you live.
6. Ambesonne Hawaii 3-Piece Duvet Cover Set
- Unique and vibrant colors/design
- Made of microfiber fabric for softness and comfort
- Machine washable, dryer and iron-safe
- There are no ties on the inside of the cover to help keep the duvet in place
- The fabric is thin and lightweight and must be handled with care
If you're on the lookout for the perfect bedding for a dorm or hip apartment, you can't do much better than this duvet cover and matching shams from Ambesonne. The print has a retro vibe reminiscent of the 1980s with its muted pinks and teals, and the black palm tree silhouette stands out against the background in style. Perfect for someone who would like to inject a bit of energy and tropical fun into their everyday life!
So from all the tropics-inspired comforters, duvet covers, and quilts, which one comes out on top as the ultimate palm tree bedding set? The one that I would recommend due to its construction, value, comfort, and all-around look, is the BlessLiving Tropical Sunset 3-Piece Bedding Set.
I recommend this one because it's a great combination of style and practicality, and it's available at a more affordable price point, making it accessible to anybody. I love that it's easily washable and holds up to everyday use due to the quality of the stitching and construction. It's also an excellent option if you're not looking to work to maintain your bedding week after week. A quick wash and your comforter is as good as new!